The Heartbreaking Death of the Red Robot


Death of Red Robot

I kid you not. It was heartbreaking when my child cried over the broken arm red robot he used to play and bring with him anywhere, and every time. It wasn't a joke to see him that way but I was kind of laughing and breaking inside. It was just (no, I shouldn't put that word) because it was not "just" for my boy. It was his favorite toy.

We once bought 1 set with three kinds but different colors. All of them got lost and broken. Only one remains to be "living" and he calls it black robot. He always play with the black robot not until the red robot came along.
Black Robot

One time, we went to the mall around BGC and grandma took him to the toy store and my son found another set of robots almost the same kind. Kindly enough, grandma never hesitates to buy my son a toy, so she did.

What makes it odd why I feature my son's red robot here is that, I found his first ever heartbreak on his broken arm red robot. He kept on crying. He kept on saying "fix, fix". But sure I cannot even fix it with the glue or a tape. It's broken. Like, forever broken.

I can only tell him that SOME THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN. And gave him another or different toy and said to LET GO. Funny how I can almost relate it to life and realize that child's learning is indeed begin at home with the mother (or any parent) and a child.

And thanks to grandma who always saves the day with a new toy car. My son stopped crying. :)